Friday, July 12, 2013

Making EVERYTHING Spiritual

Simple day to day things like cleaning, shopping, and eating can be spiritual in experience. When I say spiritual, I mean the spirit can guide you to do these things efficiently and enable you to better feel the Holy Spirit's presence. Many do not believe that God find these little things important. I am finding the more often I ask Him to help me, the more help I receive.

I believe when the space we dwell in is messy and chaotic we can start to become and feel that way. The room isn't calm, and I believe the spirit has a harder time dwelling there. Each person needs a place of refuge, that feels safe.

I felt a very overwhelming, I need to clean my room!!! I cleaned out my closet. And my dresser. And organized my journals and scriptures. I found a way to hang my Jesus pictures. My parents will eventually help me rehang my painting. You can even see the floor.

I found several things I needed to donate/recycle/trash. I believe the material things we have in our rooms and homes can invite or offend the spirit. Simple things. I found several things, and I follow the spirit according to what I keep/don't keep. It can be hard. It is easy to attach ourselves to materials. A thought I have been having lately is, "Will this be important when the Second Coming nears?" When destruction is happening everywhere, will I care about 17 Magazine? (Don't worry, I don't subscribe to that!!!) My iPod, and fashion purses and hair flowers will be of no importance. My most prized physical possession are my scriptures, journals, and pictures. Those have a lasting beauty and happiness. Experiences come from God, and my records remind me of the things I have learned. You can't get that anywhere else.

I was pondering whether or not my Buddha pictures and statues were idol. I used to consider myself Buddhist. I thought, "Do I think about Buddha more than I think about Jesus?" and "What kind of spirit do those pictures and statues invite?" and "Who do I think Buddha is?" I do not think about Buddha more than Jesus. Buddha was a good man, and taught good things. Goodness invites the spirit. I believe that Buddha was Jesus Christ. I have read many of their stories, and they are very close. I believe every religion that teaches good stemmed from Christianity, but it was very easy for men to alter it. Because Buddha represents Jesus Christ to me, I feel that they are appropriate to have in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment