Saturday, July 13, 2013

Mormon Mommy in Training

I am not normal...

I wear capris...

I am learning how to coupon...

I enjoy making shopping lists...

(As long as it is a child I am tending) I don't care if I get spit up on, or slobbered on or have to change a diaper with a nuclear bomb inside...

I think about having children more than anything...

I am a Mormon Mommy in Training.

I find it hard to believe when women do not want this role. Being a mother is one of the most beautiful ways to serve God. Bearing His children. Creating a new life. Being a mother teaches us to love and exercise patience. Even the thought of being the mother and creator of one of God's precious soul is enough to make me tear up, and feel pure joy. Don't tell me "how hard it will". I recognize this. I don't CARE. There is nothing anyone could tell me that is going to stop me from fulfilling the most sacred roles in the Kingdom of God. I want to nurture and cradle my children throughout all their life. Raising God's children, and teaching them of Jesus Christ is MORE than worth the hard work.

I could daydream all day of my future role as a Mormon Housewife. Cleaning, cooking, and caring for little ones is what I want. I don't want to be famous and successful in a worldly sense. I don't care if my house is small, and if I don't have the designer brand of jeans. I don't want it. I want to raise my family with love.

Part of my progression will be struggling as a mom. There are times where as a mom I will fail. I won't be perfect. I will get angry, or do something wrong. I feel distressed, tired, and like I am not good enough. This is where the Lord comes in. Struggles will bring me to my knees. I will have to ask and sacrifice to have my burdens lifted. I will be weakened and through the Lord being strengthened.  That is beautiful. I want the hardship, and I want the progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment